Business Development Director
You will oversee the partner outreach efforts undertaken by Pattern in North America, spanning initial sales, pitching and post-closing account management.
- Be the Beacon: Organizing the sales effort for Pattern design and marketing services: conference participation, industry networking, media presence, etc. – with the objective of securing a steady flow of contract opportunities and establishing inter-agency alliances.
- Be the Demiurge: Coordinating the pitching process, by liaising closely with the Bucharest team to assemble world-class proposals for competitive pitches in various forms. Represent Pattern in pitching meetings, drive and close new contracts.
- Be the Guardian: monitor execution on all dimensions (quality, time, cost), providing the first point of contact for current partners; regularly survey partner perception and chase mitigations to all issues that may appear, ensure Pattern delivers a delightful service, aiming for excellent relationships and repeat business.
- Develops and implements new business development activity for the company
- Develops and is accountable for implementing strategic and/or tactical new business marketing plans designed to achieve agency goals and objectives.
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls/emails, inbound use of data, networking, marketing opportunities, industry events, and social platforms
- Monitors market activity across advertising and marketing trade publications to identify new business leads and opportunities.
- Initiates and manages effective relationships with selected, developed leads on an ongoing basis.
- Manages multiple new business prospect engagements for themselves and key agency executives.
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with the Strategy, Creative, Account and Production teams on RFP’s, meetings, presentations, pitches etc.
- Works collaboratively with the company founders to ensure that all communications and materials reflect the agency brand personality.
- Works collaboratively with other agency partners in co-pitches or assists with their RFP’s, pitches, etc.
- Participate in responding to RFIs & RFPs
- Collaborate with management to propose creative materials and new business tools that can be used to engage and nurture prospects
- Assists in defining the vision and goals for successful new business development.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining a prospect database.
- Coordinates all presentation/pitch details and preparation of presentation/pitch materials.
- Supports agency growth by managing complete new business cycle from prospect, initial contact, needs analysis meeting, formal presentation, proposal development, questions and revisions, closing stage, signed agreement, and engagement kickoff
- Business Dev/sales experience in the marketing or advertising space, preferably over 8 years’ work experience in the industry
- Strong research skills to find and organize relevant data.
- Highly organized and disciplined to consistently work to your plan of action.
- Superb communication and collaboration skills
- In-depth knowledge of the advertising business, with an extensive network of partner contacts
- Comprehensive understanding of syndicated research, industry and market trends
- Creative delivery experience, excellent command of design principles, partner presentations and public speaking
- Good knowledge of digital marketing, social media advertising, content production, and omnichannel campaign strategy
- Stays current on the latest trends, news, and technologies and applications of those technologies to advertising / branding / design field and client industries
- Bachelor’s or MA degree in Marketing, Advertising or Design
Pattern is a design agency, blending art, technology and a little funk. Our services cover branding, audio video, web design and web development, digital & social media, marketing & PR events. The agency is based in Bucharest, Romania, with an outpost in San Francisco, California. Our client roster includes Samsung, Machine Zone, Twitch and many indie game studios.